Fully Managed VPS Hosting
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting is like living in a simplex or half-plex where you can customize everything to your own tastes. However, you still need to maintain your own area. Companies that deal with resource heavy applications and secured data most often use VPS.
You can opt for VPS hosting in any of the following cases:
- Expansion of your business beyond shared hosting level.
- Expectation for a significant increase in traffic over the next few months.
- Plans to work with confidential secured data in your business.
- Intention to increase headcount which in turn requires a greater email capacity.
- Plan to host multiple sites, blogs or different applications very soon.
Advantages of VPS Hosting
- You will have a huge space and bandwidth which enables you to do what you like.
- You can upgrade or downgrade your subscription at any time.
- You can configure anything you wish on the server as you own it.
- Run your own batch files to create multiple services inside the server using shell access.
- You can avail an extensive and dedicated 24/7 Customer Support which will help you have better security levels.
- You can have easy scalability and backup in this method.
- User partitioning enables you to custom firewall configurations.
Disadvantages of VPS Hosting
- You need a dedicated system administrator to take care of your server.
- It is usually costly so you should be careful with cheap offers.
- You must be particular with certain applications as they might have issues running in a virtualized environment.